The National Committee for the History of Art (NCHA) seeks applications for a Website/Social Media Coordinator. Reporting to the Chair of NCHA’s Social Media Subcommittee, the incumbent will manage NCHA’s website (http://nchart.org) and administer its social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
• Redesigning NCHA’s website with an aim of making it a vital space for interaction between the Committee and the public.
• Coordinating content across social media platforms. In communication with NCHA’s Social Media Subcommittee, providing updates of interest to art historians, museum professionals.
• Creating communication across these platforms that fosters community interaction and exchange.
After the initial re-launch of the website, this position will entail approximately 2-3 hours per week.
• General knowledge of API technologies and web development tools such as HTML, CSS, XML, Photoshop, video production, database structures, familiarity with third-party websites and tools (Google Analytics, Clicky, Basecamp) and major social media platforms desired.
• Good written and communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently.
Students are encouraged to apply. Undergraduates or graduate students in Art History are preferred, but not required.
NCHA is the U.S. affiliate of the international community of art historians, the Comité International d’Histoire de l’Art (CIHA). Both the NCHA and CIHA aim to foster intellectual exchange among those interested in art history broadly conceived as encompassing art, architecture, and visual culture across geographical boundaries and throughout history.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resumé, and links to a few samples of web pages you have designed to email@example.com